MockupScreens 4.70: Export to MS Word
June 4, 2013
As one user recently emailed me, “MockupScreens is very useful in communicating ideas across a distance divide”.
What was lacking in MockupScreens was the ability to export your mockups to a Word document, and then continue developing your document further.
With MockupScreens 4.70, you can do just that…
What you already could do with MockupScreens is to print your mockups for a meeting. Or send them to your customer in PDF format. But the problem was that you couldn’t customize the report or edit the PDF document. And copying images to a Word document by hand feels cumbersome.
Well, MockupScreens 4.70 with new export to MS Word (in RTF format) feature is now live! Download it from the main MockupScreens website.
Note: to upgrade from previous version simply download the latest trial and unlock it with your existing license key.
(Complete list of improvements & fixes follows below)
- Export to MS Word (RTF).
- An image widget will be created when copying and pasting an image file or image data into a form.
- Windows installer supports per-user and site-wide installs.
- When overwriting a file during PDF or RTF export, user is asked for confirmation.
- Several screens trees usability improvements. Added a “New Master” button.
- Increased the height of widgets’ multiline properties inputs.
- Moved the import and export menu items to the file menu).
- Added “Select All” option to the context menu and the edit menu.
- When exporting to PDF or RTF, a sensible output filename is suggested based on what is being exported (project, scenario or screen).
- Added node tooltips to the screen tree saying which master screen is applied.
- Improved the scaling of images when exporting to PDF. Exported images uses now 96DPI resolution.
- Some Minor Print/Export dialog improvements.
- Now derived screens form dimensions are not overridden by the master ones in the exported documents.
- Widget groups from master screens now can’t be moved.
- Windows uninstaller now deletes shortcuts properly.
- Resize and align tools ignore selected widgets from master screens.
- Fixed several minor undo feature issues.
- The cut, copy and paste operations in the main menu take into account the master screens control, and so the keyboard shortcuts there work correctly.
- Fixed pasting to a screen tree with no screen selected.
- In screens tree groups are no longer allowed to be dragged inside themselves or their descendant groups.
- Several minor stability and performance improvements.